Cellular Glass Insulated Raft Foundation U-Value and Cost Quote Calculator
Advantages of Cellular Glass
For some specialist applications, cellular glass insulation may be the preferred material, the advantages of cellular glass are:
- Fully fireproof and rated to EuroClass A1.
- Waterproof due to closed cell structure.
- Highly durable and does not deteriorate over time, even in harsh conditions.
- No risk of vermin attack.
- Has a lambda value of 0.054W/m.K.
- High compressive strength of 700KPa.
- Does not suffer from compressive creep.
The only drawback of cellular glass is that it is much more expensive than XPS. It is therefore mainly used only in specialist and industrial applications.